Fall is in full effect and we couldn’t be happier! Our favorite way to cozy up for the holidays is a little DIY-decor action. Follow along and we’ll show you how to add autumn ambiance to your home with our buffalo check mason jar DIY.
Are you ready to DIY? Here’s how to add an on-trend buffalo check design to everyday mason jars!
1) Paint both mason jars with white chalky paint (we used Americana Chalky Finish for Glass) and let them dry completely.
2) Using painter’s tape, make vertical and horizontal lines (width of tape) on jars. TIP: Make sure to press down firmly on the tape so there is little to no bleed.
3) Paint the exposed squares dark blue and let them dry. TIP: For a darker blue, mix blue and black paint.
4) Remove the vertical strips of tape and paint in gray squares, then remove the horizontal tape strips and paint in gray squares. Touch up paint as necessary.
5) Use fine-grit sandpaper to give your mason jars a distressed look and complete the buffalo check mason jars.
The DIY details don’t stop there! Add fun and festive embellishments with woodpile rounds and leather cording, then finish off with faux foliage and pumpkin picks!
Time to add the finishing touch!
1) Wood burn “hello fall” and other details onto wood tags.
2) Use watercolor to paint tag.
3) Wrap top of jars with leather cording.
4) Attach leaves and tags using leather cording as desired and finish off with a bow.
Show us your fall creations with #HobbyLobbyMade!